Sunday, August 24, 2008

But Wait There's More

I'm tweaked out on media over-load this weekend.

For the first time in over three years, I've got cable tv. And my own Internet connection,speedy like lightning. No more slow signal, picked up from a neighbor. No.

All mine. Plus, my Netflix. And I kid you not a pile of free magazines, from a fruitful hunt last week from the media bins at work. Did I mention the piles of books that I own? The ones sitting around in piles?

And there's always more to be had. I'm over-stimulated. Too many channels, too many moving picture options. Let's not forget about Netflix. Started another series. Friday Night Lights. And dammit, it's good too even though it's about football, it's enough about other life stuff that the football is a nice back story, not the whole show.

Currently Reading: Candy Girl. Diablo Cody of Juno fame, startling revealing look about her one year as a stripper. But somehow, it's not seedy and she isn't judgemental in any way.

Now, I can sit on the couch while on my lap-top, surf the Internet, and search for something to watch while reading a few pages of my book or current magazine, (Conde Nast Traveler) on commercial breaks?

What the hell is wrong with me? :)

Gotta go. I can watch the new episode of Mad Men soon.

No comments: