Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Long Hot Summer

I'm talking about the movie that sparked the love affair between Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward. I watched it last night, thanks to my friends at Netflix.

The movie itself was pretty good, but had elements of overly dramatic cheese affect, but I did enjoy the chemistry between Newman and Woodward. And I gotta say that Paul Newman was quite the sex symbol. All tan and he had a six pack, and was full of charm and flirtation for Joanne Woodward's character.

My friends all tease me, because I've had a long standing crush on Paul Newman and Robert Redford. But them back in the heyday. It's not as if I look at Paul now, in his 80's, and want to jump him.

No. But his appeal from way back. But even now, I think he's an amazing actor, and will watch pretty much anything that he is in. He's one of those actors that women want, and men want to be friends with.

My dad is the one that introduced me to Paul. When my parents divorced, we'd rent videos, a couple of Newmans' at a time, and hunker down with our cheesy popcorn.

My favorites are probably Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Cool Hand Luke, and Hud.

I could go on, but I won't.

During this long hot summer, it never hurts to watch a smoldering man.

No comments: