Thursday, October 18, 2007

Rules of the Office

I don't claim to be the perfect office worker, but I've learned a few rules or guidelines along the way to ensure I'm not, "that annoying girl at the office."

Here are a few things you can do to keep the status quo between the cubicle walls.

1. Headphones: If I'm going to listen to my Johnny Cash, my Merle Haggard, or hell even my office lite, Harry Connick Jr. I don't assume that others around me want to listen too.

2. The community microwave: Never cook FISH in the company microwave. This will make you the butt of jokes and is sure to garner you dirty looks from co-workers.

3. Phone Calls: If you need to make a personal call, use your cell phone and move away from your immediate seating area. This allows you both some much needed privacy and also prevents your co-worker from listening to you describe some symptoms to your doctor.

4. Bathroom stalls: Leave the cell phone out of the bathroom. I don't want to hear you talking to your friend while you're on the toilet.

5. Bathroom Part 2: I know from time to time we all have to do what we need to do, but for godsake, please employ the courtesy flush, so you don't wreck the bathroom for the rest of us for the afternoon.

That's all I've got for now, but check back as I will update it from time to time.

No comments: