Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Raw Meat and Arthur Murray

Man.

Last night was one of this strange evenings, but sadly I had no one there to witness it, so you will have to rely on my re-telling of events.

Damn.
There's already been so much build up. Oh well, if you're reading this you're most likely just killing time while at work.

So I got home around 6:30 pm, and was starving, so I ate Fruit Loops for dinner. Tasty.

I then rushed to the library, as they were finally re-opened in Royal Oak, after being closed all summer for renovation.

That was exciting. I got some good new books and paid my late fee, and finally returned some books that had been rattling around in my trunk.

Then I headed over to the grocery store to grab a few ingredients for a casserole where Stove Top stuffing played a major role, balanced with a few chicken breasts. So I wrestle my way to the meat counter and order two chicken breats, but the girl behind the counter, must have thought I said two pounds of chicken.

That explains how i ended up with a giant plastic bag of chicken. I decided to keep it, since it was only a little over $5 dollars for the whole bag. I leave the store, and start driving home with a bag of raw chicken riding shotgun.

I then take a trip to the Arthur Murray Dance Studio, thinking I'd inquire about dance classes.

Like everything else in life, they really prefer you had a partner. And unlike the movies there was no cute guy waiting inside to be my dance partner.

When I got home, I crafted up a casserole, feeling a bit like a 1950's housewive. While it cooked, I cut up all the chicken and put it in indivdual bags.

Again, confirming my fear that I'm actually stuck in 1957.

On that note, Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: