So, I work in corporate America. And while, it's not as button down as being an accountant, it's still a pretty sterile enviroment, to write creativitly about whatever the order of the day is.
To ease this juxposition, I've tried to spruce up my work space with personal items.
Let's now take a tour of Kelly's work space.
My home away from home first needs some type of wallpaper:
To that end:
1. Johnny Cash's Mug Shot
2. A print out of a Wizard of Oz coloring book with a caption that reads:
"Dorothy is very Unhappy." She is crying and Tin Man is consoling her.
3. A bumper stick that just says, "Cash".
4. Funny drawing from a birthday card.
5. Photos: One of my family in FLA, Shane and Magnus, and assorted office humor cut-outs.
Onto my lone shelf we have:
1. A postcard of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
2. A picture of a woman in bed- Caption reads: Golly, That was fun!
3. A miniuture Etch A Sketch- Ohio Art is one our clients
4. Assorted medicine: Pamprin, Ibuprofen.
5. Snacks: fresh blood orange from this morning, a stray peanut butter cup, a packet of sugar-free hot chocolate, a 100 calorie pack of Cheez-Its, a bag of peppermint tea, and a pack of Orbit Sweet Mint gum.
On my desk itself, a metal rack with assorted files where I shove things and then never look at ever again, 2 vendor coffee mugs, a phone I never use, and a brand new imac with a 24" inch screen. This is causing cubicle envy. At least once a day, somebody comments about how large my screen is.
This concludes our tour. Please visit our gift shop on your way out.