Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Purple Violets, Wine and Lake Michigan

Weekend in Leelanau was grand. Beach, wine, other assorted libations, relaxation.

Finished the new David Sedaris book: Engulfed in Flames. I enjoyed it. He fits like an old shoe and it's comforting to read him. He makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. My favorite story in the collection was about a crossword puzzle and a fellow passenger on a plane ride. To see how they all tie together, read his book.

That being said, my favorite Sedaris is still Naked and Me Talk Pretty One Day. Genius, both of them.

Watched, Dan in Real Life with Steve Carrell. It was a sweet story and a good one to watch up north in my opinion.

Yesterday when I got home, after I unpacked, I watched Purple Violets, the new Ed Burns.

I've got one word for you about Ed Burns: Yummy.

Seriously. This movie isn't for everyone, but I personally enjoy his films. They're always some aspect of human behavior or relationship that is focused on. Usually smaller budget and he wrote, directed, produced and starred in.

Go Eddie go.

No comments: