Tuesday, January 23, 2007

4 Little Girls

I enjoy documentaries and I like learning about real things that have happened, which is probably why I gravitate toward memoir writing and can't get enough of an authentic story.

Last night, I watched the documentary, 4 Little Girls about the bombing of the 16th street church in Alabama in the 60's. It was powerful and sad. It makes you wonder why such hatred would exist and what these men thought killing four innocent children was going to accomplish in furthing their cause.

Now, that I'm older I sometimes think about History class in high school and how I'd probably enjoy it so much more now. Not the Colonial period, but things like the Civil Rights movement, I find fascinating. Coming from an very white town, we covered the subject in a very brief manner, and certainly didn't pay attention the we should have.

No comments: