Monday, June 25, 2007

No Plans

My weekend of basically no plans actually turned out pretty nice.

Friday, I had the day off and was grateful as I'd been out late the night before at yet another office going away party. But I had lots of fun. So, I cleaned my house of all things, including mopping the floor. Then I headed over to dinner at Rachel's and hung out with her and her two kids. It was fun to see all of them.

Saturday morning, I got up and went to the gym. Came home had breakfast and then called my dad. Wanted to spend some time with him since it was his birthday on Sunday. I got to his house, we visited a while and then headed off to do some shopping. We met Shane there and we all had dinner together. My dad said he loved the shirt that we got for him and he was glad to own Cool Hand Luke.

After I brought my dad home, it was pretty early so I suggested we head up to the B1 in Keego for a drink or two and a few rounds of keno. Several plays on the jukebox lead to Johnny Cash, David Allan Coe, and Merle Haggard. It's that kind of joint. We headed home and I tucked my dad back in and then drove back to Royal Oak.

Sunday Morning, Shane called and invited me to a BBQ and hanging out on the lake at Jeff's house. Even though, the boat ultimately didn't run, we've got high hopes for next weekend.

Shane and I did go out on the jetski several times and I flipped off of it once.

But it was one of those perfect summer days hanging out and enjoying the weather and the people I love.

And my dad and Wally made plans for a fishing trip soon, where Wally said:

"I'll take you fishing fucker. Just don't die on me before we go."

No comments: