Saturday, November 17, 2007

Couch Spectator

Last night after spending far too many hours sitting on the couch in a stupor of depression, cupcake mix, cream cheese icing, and tv, some friends convinced me to come out for a drink.

Problem was, I'd left my sports bra on the whole day, my hair was a swirly mess (haircut today 2pm), and I was wearing my glasses.

20 minutes later, I looked considerably normal, so I headed out. First stop was this trendy new sushi place that was packed full of hipsters. You know those people who look like they live in NYC, or pretend they do, even if this hipster joint shares the kiddie corner with my decrepit, run down gym.

I didn't order a drink there because it was far too crowded. We left and went to a more normal bar. Less trendy lights and pool tables. Here, I had a cheese stick, maybe it was one and half, and some spinach dip and two beers.

And since I'd walked, even the walk to and from the bar, helped clear my head and I was feeling all together a bit more optimistic.

Right now, I'm enjoying some couch lounging and my coffee. This ritual, I usually save for Sunday mornings, but tomorrow I'll be zooming off to the Lions game with my brother and won't have time for couch lounging.

Apparently, we arrive early in order to tail gate, which for Shane must involve a lot of Diet Coke. I'm not sure I'll be able to drink beer in the morning, but we'll see how it goes.

Either way, I'm looking forward to it. Truth be told, I'm not so much a football fan, as a hang out with friends and visit fan. And I like to watch the players butts in those tight little football pants.

No comments: