Friday, November 09, 2007

No, I don't want Fries with That

Today's post starts with an article I was reading online yesterday:

The average American consumer eats three burgers and four orders of fries each week. A typical American child now gets one-fourth of his or her vegetables in the form of French fries or potato chips. Half our nation's family food budgets are spent in restaurants, with fast-food operations and chains getting the lion's share of the spending.

3 or 4 fast food meals a week? Are they kidding? The other day when I said I ate fast food occasionally, I meant that pre healthy eating, I ate fast food maybe once a month.

And now, it's usually one or two times a summer if I'm on road trip and there's not much else. So, I guess I wasn't ever a true fast food junkie.

That was good news. My weekend is open-ended at this point. I like this. My week's lately get all scheduled up and I'm looking forward to going home, cleaning the house and having a beer.

No comments: