Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Goodbye Travis

My cousin Travis died.

He was only 27 years old. Right now, we don't how. And I don't think I'll know why for a long time, if there is ever a reason.

Travis and I were not super close, but we were cousins, and we come from a huge proud Irish family. I lived in Atlanta the same time that he did. You see, I was going to Portfolio Center and Travis was playing football for the Atlanta Falcons.

Life being the way it goes, we never did get the time to have a visit. We had a few phone calls, and I'd see him at the giant family parties. Never thinking I would run out of time. Positive we'd get to together this summer for a party and have lots of fun.

I'm sorry this happened. I know we will all miss Travis. Especially his mom and brother. I don't even have the right words to say to either of them. All I could do, is show up. Sometimes there is nothing else to say.

And know that we all loved you Travis. I hope where ever you are, you're playing a bad ass game of football.

No comments: