Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Nature Vs. Neon

The weekend of June 24th, I was in Las Vegas, the neon light capital of the world. It was huge, over the top and so much fun. I felt like Alice In Wonderland. Vegas is a place where time has no meaning.

Gambling, and I don't normally gamble, but Black-Jack was so much fun. Drinking and eating at all hours of the night. It was awesome.

I was home for 2 days, and was offered a last minute trip to Tennessee, near the Smokey Mountains. And it was awesome in a completely different way. Nature and quiet and woods. A cabin outfitted with a stereo, a full kitchen, and a hot tub.

In Tennessee, I went on a sky-lift ride in scenic Gatlinburg, and a helicopter ride. A thrilling two mintues to be sure. Well worth the $10.

I think Las Vegas was artifically more exciting, but the nature of Tennessee was much more relaxing.

It's a good feeling to get a few trips in this summer. I'm afraid this weekend, I'll be in Royal Oak, catching up on things like hair-cuts, eyebrow waxing, and if I'm real lucky an eye doctor appointment.

No comments: