Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I'm Sorry


Dear Uncle Joe,

I'm so sorry that you had to leave us on Saturday. I've seen your kids and Nancy. They are sad, strong, and we had some laughs on Sunday. Sugar Bear and I visited.

My dad called to tell me that you were gone.

You've been a wonderful uncle and god-father to me, and I can't even begin to fathom how much I'll miss you. I loved watching you and my dad. Loved when you called him Tubby, and got him in line. I'm thankful you had each other to help each other when you both got cancer. I'm happy that my dad had somebody that truly understood how much it sucked.

I'm hopeful that you're with Butch, Hope and Bill, Gary and Carol. And that you guys are having a drink and playing music. I'm looking forward to gathering on Saturday to honor your life. Me and all your other nieces and nephews, brothers and sisters.

Thank you for all that you did for each of us.

We will honor you, love you, and cherish you.

Today and every day.

I love you-

Kook

No comments: