Tuesday, July 17, 2007

An Enchanted Evening

Last night I attended the wedding of my dear friend Becky and her now husband Len.

It was one of the most elegant weddings I've ever been to. It was one of those weddings where you could feel the love in the air, feel the joy of the couple being married and the celebration of two families coming together.

She looked beautiful, he looked radiant, and together they looked magical.

If you're still reading, please keep your negative cynical thoughts to yourself. Because unless you were there, you can't know the feeling that moved over each guest.

You see, both Becky and Len had been married before each believing I'm sure that it was to last forever. But things hadn't worked out the way they perhaps imagined it would and instead both ended up divorced.

And found one another.

Maybe it was the wisdom that comes with age or past experiences that led them both to this place that allowed them both to try again.

Either way, it was an honor to be in included in the very small wedding, and I wish them both as much love now as on their 50th wedding anniversary.

Congratulations, Becky and Len.

1 comment:

ColleenQ said...

I will keep my cynical comments to myself, only because I've seen Kathleen and Scott and know that sometimes you DO have to have the practice run to truly appreciate the right one.

Hooray for the ones that work!