Monday, August 04, 2008

This, That and the Other

Blah. Monday is over in a flurry of emails with !!!, as if that doesn't annoy me, but instead wants to make me work harder than I already am, while starting a new project and covering for a vacationing co-worker?

My weekend wasn't bad, although not to crazy either. Had writing group yesterday. It'd be nice to nail down something for writer group soon.

Started reading, When you're Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris. So far, so good. Finished a book I got for my birthday almost two months ago, I Heard There Would be Cake. A cute book of essays, rather funny in the style of Sedaris.

Planning some little trips to ease the pain of living in this down-trodden state.

Plotting a visit with Becky tomorrow which is exciting. I get to see her for a visit and have a pedicure at the same time.

Hooray!

Oh and I started watching Season 6 of West Wing and decided to hold off the rest until Fall. Somehow watching a pretend President isn't good summer escape fare.

That's all for now.

Bring on Tuesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read that book, I Was Told There'd Be Cake! It was good...very Sedarissy. I befriended the author on Facebook...still haven't picked up the Sedaris book. I'm saving it, I think, for a reading dry spell.