My friend tagged me to do this exercise, so I'll give it a go.
Five reasons I am a strong writer:
1. Authentic Voice: Or should I say, I have found a voice in which to write from. I seem to excel at memoir type writing,but even when writing about fictional characters, I am able to translate dialogue and charaters that have real depth.
2. Daily Practice: I will put this as one, only because my day job involves me being a copywriter, which means I do write every day. Granted, I write about cars, but still, I'm putting hand to keyboard on a consistent basis.
3. Truth: I can find the truth in a situation that others can relate to.
4. Pure Passion: I do LOVE it. I have been uninspired in my own writing, but I have recently signed up for comedy writing classes through Second City Detroit and I'm hoping that will push me into some new material.
5. Read: I'm going to borrow this one. I too, love to read. Always have, always will. I've recently caught reading fever again, and it reminds me why I love it. I find reading other writers too is inspiring and it's a constant lesson in vocabulary.