Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Wednesday of my 34th

I'm feeling inspired after last night's comedy class. I think it's going to be a great experience. What's not to love? I love to write, I love to laugh, and I'm going to spend 8 weeks learning how to do both of those things better.

And for homework? I have to study my favorite comedy shows. It was time for me to have a new creative outlet, to stir things up and so I shall start on this journey. Last night I had a hard time falling asleep, as I was so pumped up.

In other news, I won the battle of the scale again this morning. So, things in that regard are going great and I'm very happy about that. I've been working on it very diligently and it’s nice to see some results.

Amy is in town, recovering from gall bladder surgery, so we're meeting tomorrow for drinks, naturally.

I'm plugging away reading Lolita for my writer group, but I'm having a hard time with it. It's fucking creepy. I don't care what rationale you've got, but when a grown man is enthralled with a 12 year old, it's just hard for me to find that endearing.

But maybe I'll change my mind by book's end.

Tonight, I hope to get a good night's rest. It's been a busy week so far, but a happy productive one as well, so I'm not gonna complain. At least not right now.

No comments: